The individuals and organizations joining the amicus brief today:
- Fred T. Korematsu Center for Law and Equality at Seattle University School of Law
- Karen Korematsu, Jay Hirabayashi, Holly Yasui
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice | AAJC
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice | Asian Law Caucus
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice | Atlanta
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice | Chicago
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice | Los Angeles
- Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund (AALDEF)
- Hispanic National Bar Association (HNBA)
- Japanese American Citizens League of Hawaii Honolulu Chapter (JACL Honolulu)
- LatinoJustice PRLDEF, Inc.
- National Bar AssociationSouth Asian Bar Association of North America (SABA North America)
Pro bono counsel on the brief are: Robert S. Chang and Lorraine K. Bannai of the Fred T. Korematsu Center for Law and Equality; Eric K. Yamamoto, the Fred T. Korematsu Professor of Law and Social Justice at the William S. Richardson School of Law at the University of Hawaii; Dale Minami, Robert L. Rusky, Donald K. Tamaki, Peter Irons, Leigh-Ann K. Miyasato, and Rodney L. Kawakami, counsel in the coram nobis cases; as well as attorneys from Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP, including Pratik Shah, co-head of Akin Gump’s Supreme Court and appellate practice, Robert Johnson, Alice Hsu, Elizabeth Rosen, Daniella Roseman, Nathaniel Botwinick, and Jessica Weisel.